top of page

Creatures and Masks

The Dragon

In 2018 Otherwrold Theatre opened their own venue in Chicago. I made this Dragon for display in their lobby.  Check out my blog for a more comprehensive look on how this was made.

Evil Nun

For Kosart Effects at C2E2 in 2018 I, along with Maddie, performed one of the make-up demonstrations on the showroom floor. We did the evil nun from The Conjuring movies. Our model had a lot of fun scaring people!

Goblin Puppet

My latest project, just for the fun of it, is building a series of goblin puppets. This is my first try at one of them. Next I'll have to work on the body.

Klingon Puppets

These two were created for E.D.G.E of Orion Theatre's A Klingon Christmas Carol in 2017. They are the Klingon equivalent of Ignorance and Want. Since there was a limited budget and I only had two weeks to build them, I went with one sculpt. To distinguish the two, they had different paint jobs, different hair styles, different colored eyes, different eyebrows, and different placement of the teeth.

The Fawn King

This was my first foray into prosthetic make-up; another project for the fun of it.


These were created for Otherworld Theatre's A Princess of Mars in 2016, which was a stage adaptation of the Edgar Rice Burroughs novel of the same name. Again, due to a limited budget, it was one sculpt. Then I used a different paint job and different style tusks to differentiate the characters. The tusks were made from Free Form Air.

Sullustan Mask

While teaching Mask Making at the Kosart Effects School, a student asked me which Star Wars alien I would most like to make. I said Sullustan, so naturally I then had to go home and make one.

Goblin Mask

I created this little guy as part of a demo during a Mask Making class I taught at Kosart Atelier. 


This was created for Emeral City Theatre's The BFG in 2014. Another company was handling all the puppets for the show except for the extra large BFG head. So, I was hired to make it in the style of the other puppets, which were paper mache. Rather than use paper mache, though, this large head was made from fiberglass to ensure it would last the run of the show. The head could swivel and the mouth could open, both functions re controlled by the actor. I also stiched the hat, tie, and shirt.

The Aurora Project

I had the pleasure of creating two aliens for Otherworld Theatre's The Aurora Project in 2013. The first was a simple half mask, and the second was a full. Her belt was made by casting the top part of the her mask. Low budget trickery!

Growing Darkness

This was my first full body monster, created for Redleg Film's Growing Darkness in 2013, which was a low budget comedy about a little girl breaking up with the monster in her closet. I had to toe the line between a scary, yet funny monster. You can see the movie HERE.

bottom of page